This a brief post portfolio update post! (I can't feature project posts on the homepage which is fun, so this is a nice fix for that!)
It's week seventeen and our deadline is at 10pm today. The room is full of people calmly tweaking decals, editing music and packaging projects. We have made it to the end!
I think we all anticipated that week sixteen would be stressful, but everyday, there is a level of tension in the room that is palpable.
So now it is week fifteen, and with one full week of production left after, we focused on addressing Elouan's feedback and finishing the priority assets.
It is week fourteen and the church is finally getting its macabre makeover: creepy ghost voices, lots of blood splatters, and polaroids with their eyes scratched out. Sounds fun.
In week thirteen, we continued with our delegated assets, gradually reiterating and improving on minor details.
It's week twelve, and we're trudging on with finishing church props. Also, the lighting and the materials get some extra love and attention.
Welcome to week eleven! We make a big choice about the outside, the first round of props are being finished or textured, and lighting gets a huge update.
It's week ten and it's directed study week so progress is slow. After reviewing Elouan's feedback, the scene gets an update and we start a couple of new props.
Thanks to Simon's intervention, week nine began with churning out an inhuman amount of 'placeholder' assets, as well as finally battling the loading screen blueprint.
As we worked on our hero assets, halfway through week eight, our tutor made a suggestion that caused the team's schedule to completely change.
After the first week of production had ended, in week seven, we all started to grind away at producing high poly props for the church's interior or architecture.
In week six, we had a long meeting to discuss Elouan's feedback, and then we finally decided on which church layout we should use.
In week five, we prepared for our first visit with Elouan Harmand, a material artist from Sony London.
In week four, Escape Studios had their annual VFX festival; pre-prod was slow but the art bible and blockout did get a regular update!
In week three, we revised the blockout church, ran FX and lighting tests, plus discussed set dressing.
In week two was heavily focused on planning; we began creating moodboards, revising the first draft of the art bible, concept art and blockout.
In week one, we formed a group, settled on a concept, assigned roles, and began to individually moodboard our idea.